Sparky Shooting Star
Friends of Thunder
Church of the Blue Star
Sacred White Buffalo
Mary and the Crystal Skulls
Sacred Stone People's Lodge
Words of Peace
Spiritual United Nations
Dalai Lama:The Circle of the Ancients
Dalai Lama: The Practice
Friday, November 26, 1999
This is from someone who recently returned from India. Her
group met with the Dalai Lama for several days. The meetings focused on
dialoguing what they believed were the 5 most important questions to be
considered moving into the new millennium.
The group were asked to come up with 5 questions before
meeting with the Dalai Lama. They were asked:
- How do we address the widening gap between rich &
- How do we protect the earth?
- How do we educate our children?
- How do we help Tibet & other oppressed
- How do we bring spirituality - deep caring for each
other - through all disciplines?
The Dalai Lama said all the questions fall under the last
If we have true compassion, our children will be educated,
we will care for the earth, & for those who "have not".
He asked the group: Do you think loving on the planet is
increasing or staying the same? His own response was, "My experience leads me to
believe that love IS increasing."
He shared a practice with the group that will increase
loving & compassion in the world, & asked everyone attending to go home & share
it with as many people as possible.
- Spend 5 minutes at the beginning of each day
remembering we all want the same thing (to be happy & loved) & we are all
- Spend 5 minutes cherishing yourself & others. Let go of
judgments. Breathe in cherishing yourself, & breathe out cherishing others. If
the faces of people you are having difficulty with appear, cherish them as
- During the day extend that attitude to everyone you
meet-we are all the same, & I cherish myself & you [do it with the grocery
store clerk, the client, your family, coworkers, etc].
- Stay in the practice, no matter what happens.